Our most adventurous Arctic safari brings you into the heart of the High Arctic in early spring, where travellers seldom go. Surrounded by snow-capped mountains and soaring icebergs, experience polar bears close-up in undisturbed splendor as they venture on to the sea ice and climb majestic icebergs. Capture memories of a lifetime with possible sightings of mother and cubs, icebergs and witness the incredible Northern Lights in the evening.
This safari is perfect for professional and keen amateur photographers looking for rare wildlife photography opportunities, and an authentic High Arctic adventure.
- Experience the exclusivity of true high Arctic in early spring
- Stay in our Tented Safari Camp, set on approximately 2.5 meters (8 feet) of solid ice (or more)
- Capture unique and stunning photographs of polar bears, and possibly cubs, as they lounge on sea ice and climb icebergs
- Take in stunningly vast landscapes and panoramic views of soaring icebergs and mountains
- Get the chance to experience the Northern Lights at night
- DAY 1: Depart Ottawa International Airport for Iqaluit. Transfer to local hotel for a hot dinner.
- DAY 2: Transfer to the Iqaluit airport for your flight to Qikiqtarjuaq. Upon arrival, travel to camp by sowmobile and qamutik (traditional Inuit sled).
- DAYS 3 - 7: A photographer’s paradise! Enjoy full-day explorations of the majestic High Arctic wilderness by snowmobile and qamutik, as Inuit guides use traditional expertise to locate and help you safely view polar bears, close-up. Weather and snow conditions determine the exact route. Enjoy hot lunches served on the land and gourmet comfort food dinners at camp. Schedules are determined by wildlife and our guests. Enjoy the Northern Lights and great company at night.
- DAY 8: After a hot breakfast, spend the morning capturing a few last memories and photographs. Return to Qikiqtarjuaq and overnight at the local hotel.
- DAY 9: Transfer to the Qikiqtarjuaq airport for your flight to Iqaluit and onward to Ottawa.