Meet your guide at Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport South Africa and travel to Barberton, a picturesque country town where we visit the Rhino Orphanage.
Travel to the World famous Kruger National Park, where we will stay and travel to observe all the iconic species of animals and birds that call this magnificent place home. At night we will stay in beautiful thatched lodges in the park.
Today you will travel through the park and check into the South African Wildlife College where we will stay for 2 nights. Whilst staying at the college you will enjoy many unique experiences, as well as having the opportunity to spend over 4 hours with the famous K9 unit. These dogs have been successfully trained to follow the track of poachers through the bush. Other activities that are not widely available to the public will also be on offer, exclusive to Authentic Safari. These activities include flights in the college aircraft and a walk in the wild. OPTIONAL EXTRA COST: There is an optional extra cost where you can contribute and help support the team who have to dart and tag the Rhinos. This ongoing initiative of the College is a continuous activity towards Rhino conservation, and is a life changing experience.
Following breakfast, we will visit some of the college facilities and have the opportunity to hold informal talks to give us the opportunity to be fully informed about the activities of the college and what a vital role it has to play in the future both for the people and the environment of South Africa. Following on from lunch, we will travel to the town of Hoedspruit which a short drive away. In the afternoon we will have a talk by the rangers of the anti poaching units stationed at Raptors Hoedspruit.
Over these two days we will visit many interesting and unique facilities in and around Hoedspruit. A few examples are the Rehabilitation centre where we meet Brian Jones. Here we will visit the endangered species centre and get close to the wonderful Cheetah. We have a program packed with many interesting unique destinations including visits to local schools and community centres.
Today we drive into the Timbavati a conservation area within the Greater Kruger Park. This area enjoys the same variety of Game species as the KNP as there are no fences between the two. We drive deep into the Timbavati on our way to Motswari, a luxury lodge highly rated by tourists from around the World. Whilst at Motswari, you will enjoy game drives every day as well as game drives every night. Here you will enjoy luxury accommodation and the opportunity to drive in open vehicles with experienced guides and trackers who know about all aspects of the bush.
After an early morning game drive, our tour will end when we head to the Eastgate Airport in Hoedspruit.
- OPTION 1: Join us for an experience you will never forget, a walk in the wild, which will take place over 4 days. Over these four days you will go across the open African bush with highly trained rangers who are properly licensed to undertake this walking safari. This group will be strictly limited to 10 individuals. For further information please contact us directly.
- OPTION 2: Those who wish to visit other areas of Southern Africa (Namibia, Victoria Falls, Cape Town or Botswana) or perhaps an onward journey to anywhere in the World, should discuss all options and opportunities with Rose Bay Travel for a seamless itinerary.
- Deposits are non refundable but maybe transferred to another party.
- Final payments must be paid in full 45 days before departure and are non refundable but are transferable if cancelled at least 30 days before arrival.
- Should cancellation take place less than 30 days no refund will be available.
- Fully guided at all times
- All admission prices to various experiences and destinations
- All meals included
- All accomodation included
- All transfers by road/mini vans or bus
- All airfares
- Visa if required
- Travel Insurance