Welcome to Quito and Ecuador! At the airport you will be greeted by a member of our staff who will escort you all the way to your hotel, giving you a short briefing on Quito and the country in general with valuable information you need to know at first hand. Private Service with guide and driver, baggage handling of two pieces of luggage per person at hotel and at airport.
Quito’s colonial quarter, the largest and best preserved of South America, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. We will stroll at the Independence Plaza, flanked by the Cathedral, the Presidential Palace, the Municipal Building and the Archbishop’s Palace. We will visit the temple of *La Compañia de Jesús and its awesome gilded interior. We will continue on to the Monastery of San Francisco, one the of great religious buildings of the New World; its impressive façade and atrium that lead to its Baroque interior influenced by Moorish style, with the winged Virgin of Quito at its main altar. The tour ends at a lookout point with a great view of Quito.
Day 3 to 5
The adventure begins in Ecuador’s heritage capital, Quito, at our 8 AM pick-up time for guests staying in Quito’s main hotels (Time will be confirmed by our Operations Department). Mashpi Reserve, a 1,300 hectare (3,200 acres) conservation property located within the Metropolitan District of Quito, forms a part of the Ecuadorian Choco rainforest, known as one of the world’s greatest biodiversity hotspots. The sudden shift in altitude (from 2800 masl to 1000 masl) will allow us to discover the spectacular natural diversity of the Andean landscape as we travel through the dry valley of Pomasqui towards the cordillera’s western flank, into lush, misty cloud forest, and finally reach Mashpi. On our way to Mashpi, we visit the archaeological ruins at Tulipe, said to have belonged to the ancient Yumbo civilization of pre-Inca Quito, set in a magical forested location. We’ll taste delicious Ecuadorian appetizers and fresh-brewed coffee prepared by members of the local community before our final one-hour descent into Mashpi Reserve.
Transfer out Quito to take your Galapagos flight.
Day 6 to 10
The award-winning Finch Bay Eco Hotel lies just steps from the beach in a secluded location, across the bay from Puerto Ayora on the island of Santa Cruz. Guests cherish the hotel’s privacy, natural surroundings, swimming pool, fine dining and superb service.
- Transfers in/out Quito. Buffet Breakfast at Hotel Hilton Colon in Quito.
Finch Bay Programme:
- Airport Assistance in Quito (available only for flights designated for these programmes)
- Ground transfers in/out in Galapagos (shared service)
- All meals (buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- 4 nights of accommodation in a double/twin room
- 2 full day island yacht explorations (North Seymour, South Plaza, Santa Fe and Bartolome; islands will be confirmed upon booking aboard the hotel's own yacht, the Sea Lion or similar craft)
- 1 full day land exploration with lunch
- Arrival day visit with lunch
- Snorkel & Kayak Equipment
- All meals and soft drinks
- Especialized lectures
- Shared Guided visits (English/Spanish) within the Reserve
- Shared transfers (In/Out) from main hotels in Quito (Casa Gangotena, Hilton Colon, Jw Marriot, Swissotel)
- Waterproof ponchos and rubber boots