- Enjoy aerial views and photography opportunities of caribou herds and diamond mines, during the charter flight to the Lodge, if conditions permit.
- Get the chance to view Arctic wildlife including muskoxen, grizzly bears and caribou
- Enjoy some of the best opportunities to see rare birds among spectacular landscapes – including birds in breeding plumage
- Take in awe-inspiring landscapes and blooming wildflowers
- Explore the inlet by flat-bottomed pontoon boat with expert field guides
- Hike the tundra and take in awe-inspiring landscapes covered in blooming wildflowers
- Canoe under the glow of the midnight sun
FLY ACROSS THE BARREN LANDS FROM YELLOWKNIFE, NWT TO BATHURST INLET LODGE ON THE CHARTER FLIGHT.
Enjoy aerial views and photography opportunities of caribou herds and diamond mines, if conditions permit. Settle in to Bathurst Inlet Lodge and enjoy dinner and a presentation on the history of the community.
A PHOTOGRAPHER’S PARADISE!
A day-long cruise aboard the Lodge’s flat-bottomed pontoon boat introduces you to the landscape, the birds and the history that surrounds the Lodge. This stable and comfortable boat allows you to walk around to take photos and use binoculars. All boat trips include an expert field guide to help you identify bird species.
Enjoy a variety of activities on water and land, including hiking and canoeing. Visit Inuit historic and archaeological sites, and follow the footsteps of British explorer Sir John Franklin. Because the sun never sets during the brief Arctic summer, enjoy extended hours of exploration and adventure with after-dinner activities.
Your stay at Bathurst Inlet Lodge winds down. Fly back to Yellowknife by private charter before departing for home.